Teaching with a Feather incorporates a series of professional development programs and options for teachers. These include:
- Teaching with a Feather Mentoring Journeys
- Brand New day, Brand New Way Program
- Classroom Designs with a Purpose
- Master Class Workshops
Choose the resources that are right for you.
Teaching with a Feather Mentoring Journey
Firstly you will complete an Expression Of Interest (EOI) containing 6 questions that enable you to reflect on your current teaching. Select a TWAF journey from the 3 available options, (Making a Difference, Winning Ways! and Try This!). Send your EOI via email to email@example.com
Teachers that complete an Expression of Interest will be contacted to confirm that their application has been received. All teachers who submit an EOI will be considered for the program. Due to the strictly limited numbers there will be options available for placement in future programs.
If successful you will be contacted by Robyn to organise the date and time for the first visit to your classroom.
The first classroom visit involves:
- Observation of you teaching and your student’s responses and reactions
- Taking observational notes
- Discussions with you and the students
- Feedback and planning ‘where to next?’
Planning includes modelling lessons using TWAF strategies, team teaching, more observation and feedback and implementation of the strategies into your day-to-day teaching.
All three TWAF Journeys involve regular classrooms visits. Times and dates are negotiated with you. Every TWAF journey will be tailored to suit you and your students.
A Teaching with a Feather Journey focuses on using strategies to enhance ‘The Physical Environment’ and ‘The Communication Environment’ in your classroom. Using the TWAF strategies in your classroom community will change the way you and your students think, what you say and what you do. The Teaching with a Feather program is designed to achieve positive outcomes for you and your students.
Download an Information Pack for all the TWAF Mentoring Journey details.
What is a Masterclass?
- A Masterclass is an opportunity to watch and participate in classroom management strategies as you observe Robyn modeling her teaching ideas.
- Masterclasses can be held during or after school.
- Teachers can submit questions relating to classroom management and teaching strategies which Robyn will address at the Masterclass.
What does it cost?
The Teaching with a Feather Journey will cost $450 for 7 hours. Places are strictly limited.
‘Brand New Day, Brand New Way’ Program – $299 per teacher for a full day.
Masterclass Workshop – $200 for 2 hours.
How else can I be involved in TWAF?
- Book a Brand New Way, Brand New Day session and spend a full day with Robyn in your classroom.
- Email Robyn to receive the Teaching with a Feather newsletter each term.
- Become a Lifetime Member of the Teaching with a Feather community.